Friday, December 5, 2014

Writing Update

First, a few helpful links from the past couple of weeks:

Cut the Clutter from Your Sentences - Go Teen Writers

How to Grow Your Blog Platform: Essentials for Your Success - The Writer's Alley

How to Write Science Fiction When You're Not into Science - One Year Adventure Novel

Second, some updates from my own writing:

  • I’m nearly finished with edits on my Beauty and the Beast retelling.
  • Said retelling also now has a title – Through Time.
  • I’ve cut approximately 5000 words from the manuscript in the last week – I have about 1000 more to cut before I reach admissible word count.
  • In the last week, I’ve only written 986 words, but that’s because my project is my retelling, which I’m actively cutting.
  • Lately, I’ve barely been scraping by on the Go Teen Writers’ 100 for 100 challenge, but I’m still in it. Are any of you doing it? If so, how’s it going?
  • I recently bought Take Ten for Writers by Bonnie Neubauer, and I’ve already written a 7752 word short story based on the first exercise. That was my most recent non-retelling writing. The prompts in this book are fantastic!
  • I’m considering starting a serial story on this blog, possibly about a dragon saving a princess from a prince. What do ya’ll think? Would you read it?

So, that’s what my writing looks like right now. I’m madly scrambling to get Through Time down to 20K words or fewer; my submission letter for the contest went out this morning. Once it’s submitted, I’ll probably mess around with some shorter pieces and, in general, relax before getting into edits for Raiders’ Rise. How’s all of your writing going? Did you do NaNoWriMo? Are you gearing up for editing or drafting right now? I’d love to hear about your projects in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, there! I love comments, and I'm always quick to respond. Got something to say?