- A writing prompt someone gives to you
- A writing prompt you give to someone else
- Feedback for each of the participants by the various participants
So, each participant receives a prompt and a word limit from one person, gives a prompt and a word limit to someone else, and then receives feedback on their story by those two people. It runs in a circle, essentially, which I organize and list for everyone.
“Flash fiction” is a genre of short fiction, generally around 500 words, but examples can be up to 1000 words. In my challenges, the maximum length is typically 1000 words, but each person may assign a shorter length with their prompt. Prompts can be anything from a concept to a sentence starter to a picture, etc. If it can prompt a story, you can use it.
Things to Remember:
- Your prompt is dependent on someone I assign to you. You do not come up with your own prompt.
- No profanity, sexual scenes, or excessive violence.
- These challenges are created with community and fun in mind. They can be a blast to experience, but they require follow-through. Thus, I highly appreciate sharing the word about current challenges, and I definitely stress giving thorough feedback to your partners.
Keep your eyes out for the next challenge. I'd love to have you join in!