Sunday, January 21, 2018

Sunday Psalms: Chapters 85, 86, & 88

I had gotten out of the habit of daily Bible reading over the last several months, and I think that has definitely hurt me. So, I’m working to make the time for it again. Part of that is getting back to my Psalms project, and I figured it was time to start posting them here again.

Sunday Psalms Chap. 85, 86, & 88

Psalm 85:8 “I will listen to what God the Lord will say; He promises peace to His people, HIs saints – but let them not return to folly.”

As Christians, we are made holy, set apart. What was once our nature is such no longer. We are freed from bondage to sin. We are made new.

We don’t have to return to our folly.


That is comforting to me. God has opened up a new path, one of freedom and hope, one that does not lead to death. Praise God that I am no longer mired in my sin. Praise God that I am made alive in Him. May my life reflect that truth, O Lord.

Psalm 86:11 “Teach me Your way, O Lord, and I will walk in Your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear Your name.”

An undivided heart. A heart devoted fully to God. A life fashioned for one purpose. I get off track so easily. So distracted. So conflicted. I spend most of my life torn in multiple directions. It’s exhausting, honestly, second-guessing my choices. It’s hard to live with multiple purposes, especially if those purposes fall at odds with each other.

I want to live in tune with God, my heart beating in time with His. That is where contentment is found and where purpose lies.

Psalm 88:13 “Are Your wonders known in the place of darkness, or Your righteous deeds in the land of oblivion?”

Can You hear me, God, when all around me is darkness? Can You see me when I feel like I’m drowning? Do you know my fears? Do you know my sorrow? These are the questions we ask sometimes, when it seems that life is besting us. These are the questions that we cry, sometimes even scream out.

And the answer to every one of them is yes. God hears, sees, knows. He feels with us, loves us. And we truly are never alone.


What do you think of these verses? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. These are awesome, but it is Psalm 86:11 that grabbed my attention the most!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that one is such a challenging verse. It's so hard to stay focused on Christ.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete

Hey, there! I love comments, and I'm always quick to respond. Got something to say?