However, I came up with a fun idea (at least in my mind) recently for a tag, and I wanted to share it with all of you. I have a couple of aims with this. 1) I’m hoping that it will be a good way to increase traffic on multiple blogs, and 2) It should increase the feeling of community among those of us who are writers. I’ve seen and participated in many of these lists before, but I’ve never seen it as a blog tag.
So, without further ado, I present: “You Know You’re a Writer When…”
- You must link back to the blog on which you first found the tag. This will hopefully accomplish the increased traffic that I mentioned.
- In your post, give 4 to 6 things that you do that are pretty unique to writers as a breed.
- You can’t use the same things as someone else as already posted. Get creative, people!
- You maintain that your characters consistently do things you didn’t plan. Non-writers usually look at you like you should be on your way to the insane asylum for saying this.
- You choose to write while your favorite TV shows are on. NaNoWriMo increased my tendency to do this.
- You get some inkling of a plot idea from nearly everything anyone says.
- You’re tempted to induce various emotions in your loved ones just to figure out correct descriptions for those emotions.
- You draw characters, places, clothing and maps even when you have very little artistic ability. Drawing clothing from Raiders’ Rise was one of my distractions during NaNo. *sigh* I’m not terrible at maps, though. Hehe.
Now, I’ll tag:
Liv at http://fourgirlsonajourney.blogspot.com/
Leinad at http://anmksmeanderingmind.wordpress.com
Jag Swiftstorm at http://jagswiftstorm.blogspot.com/
Jake at http://teenagewritingrocks.blogspot.com/
and Rayne Speryll at http://writinginrivendell.blogspot.com/
Go forth and indulge your eccentricities, my friends!