Here we go, people! It’s time for another circular flash fiction challenge! I hosted the last one in September 2014, and it created some awesome stories. You can check them out here.
For those of you who haven’t heard about my flash fiction challenges, every so often, I host a challenge that includes three elements:
- A writing prompt someone gives to you
- A writing prompt you give to someone else
- Feedback for each of the participants by the various participants
“Flash fiction” is a genre of short fiction, generally around 500 words, but examples can be up to 1000 words. In our challenge, the maximum length will be 1000 words, but each person may assign a shorter length with their prompt. Prompts can be anything from a concept to a sentence starter to a picture, etc. If it can prompt a story, you can use it.
Feel free to use this image to promote the challenge. Just don’t change it in any way, please.
If you’d like to participate, comment on this post with the name of the blog you would be posting your story on. If you don’t have a blog, you can still take part! Email me at rachelleoneilwriter [at] gmail [dot] com, and I’ll put you on the list. On Friday, March 13th, two weeks from today, I will pair you each with your partners and give the official rule list. You may sign up anytime between now and then. For now, remember the following:
- Your prompt is dependent on someone I assign to you.
- No profanity, sexual scenes, or excessive violence.
- If you do sign up, do me a favor and spread the word about the challenge via Twitter, Pinterest, or some other method. You may use the above image to do so.
If you have any questions at all, please comment or email me. I’d love to have you take part!