Friday, December 8, 2017

Flash Fiction Challenge #5

Hello again, everybody! Wow, I’ve missed this blog! So much for keeping up with it, huh? Well, I’ll have more of an update post for you later this month. For now, though, I’ve decided to get back to both blogging and writing with a flash fiction challenge! Can you believe it’s been almost two years since I hosted one? You can see the results from that challenge here.

Flash Fiction Challenge 5

For those of you who haven’t heard about my flash fiction challenges, every so often, I host a challenge that includes three elements:

  • A writing prompt someone gives to you
  • A writing prompt you give to someone else
  • Feedback for each of the participants by the various participants

“Flash fiction” is a genre of short fiction, generally around 500 words, but examples can be up to 1000 words. In our challenge, the maximum length will be 1000 words, but each person may assign a shorter length with his or her prompt. Prompts can be anything from a concept to a sentence starter to a picture, etc. If it can prompt a story, you can use it.

If you’d like to participate, comment on this post with the name of the blog you would be posting your story on. If you don’t have a blog, you can still take part! You do, however, need a way to comment. If you do have a Google account or some other way of commenting on blogs, comment here and email me at rachelleoneilwriter [at] gmail [dot] com. I’ll make sure to put you on the list.  On Friday, December 22, two weeks from today, I will pair you each with your partners and give the official rule list. You may sign up anytime between now and then. For now, remember the following:

1. Your prompt is dependent on someone I assign to you. You do not come up with your own prompt.

2. No profanity, sexual scenes, or excessive violence.

3. If you do sign up, do me a favor and spread the word about the challenge via Twitter, Pinterest, your blog, or some other method. You may use the above image to do so.

If you have any questions at all, please comment or email me. These are always a blast, and  I’d love to have you take part!


4 comments:

  1. I missed this post until now. Count me in! I'll be posting on Red Lettering. What will be the date for the stories to be posted on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Usually, I'd have it two weeks after the participants are matched up (next Friday). I haven't decided whether to do two or three weeks in this case, because of the holidays. We'll see.

      Delete
  2. Great to hear from you again!
    I'm also excited to see the Flash Fiction Challenge. I remember how I enjoyed reading the results of the last one- and I think I'd like to try it this time! I'll post on my blog, 'To be a Shennachie'.
    Again, I'm glad to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to be back! I don't promise to be prolific, but I have really missed this blog and all my readers. Awesome! I look forward to writing with you!

      Delete

Hey, there! I love comments, and I'm always quick to respond. Got something to say?