Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Happenings of the Month: March 2017

Uff, what happened to March??? It's like I blinked, and now it's over. Maybe that's why I keep having overdue library books…

Happenings of the Month March 2017

Entertainment of the Month:

  • Movies/TV Shows:

Yeah… I got nothin'. As explanation, I refer you to my earlier comments on the ridiculousness pace of March.

  • Books:

In Return to Me by Lynn Austin, Israel's Jews have languished in Babylonian captivity for nearly seventy years, growing all too comfortable with their pagan neighbors in the meantime. But when God's judgment falls on Babylon in the form of Persian conquest, the Jews are suddenly allowed to go home. Iddo, a descendant of the Levite line, is overjoyed. To his surprise, though, his family does not share his excitement. And caught squarely in the middle is Iddo's oldest grandson, Zechariah. Through the course of the story, Iddo, Zechariah, and the rest of the Jewish remnant will be faced with lessons about idolatry, holiness, and God's grace that will shape the destiny of a nation.

  • Music:

"Stoick's Ship" - John Powell – This track from How to Train Your Dragon 2 is a gorgeous, heartbreaking, soaring piece that just seizes onto my imagination and doesn't let go.

"Still" – Hillary Scott and the Scott Family – I was absolutely captivated by Hillary Scott's "Thy Will," and, as it turns out, the rest of the album is just as biblically grounded and comforting. "Still" is a powerful song about trusting God enough to be still in the midst of chaos.

My Life This Month:

So, why did March go by so fast, you ask. Well, it could be because I got a job! Yep, I am now both a college student and a member of the workforce. Yikes! I'm working the front desk at a hotel, and I'm really excited about the position. For now, I'm still in training, and there's a million things I don't know, but I think I'm really going to like this job. And it's nice to have a solid, settled position for the summer.

Unfortunately, having this job has substantially eaten up my time. Keeping up with homework has become much harder, and everything else is all but falling by the wayside. I'm trying hard to figure out a good routine and settle into it – to be productive without overwhelming myself – but some things are going to change.

I'm hoping to keep up with my Youtube videos, the latest of which you can find here, so, hopefully, that will remain the same. I'm going to have to temporarily cut back on my posts here at The Ink Loft, though. I'm going to stop my Sunday Psalms posts, at least for now. I'll keep doing my Happenings posts, and I'm going to shoot for a minimum of two other posts a month. Hopefully I'll be able to do three, but we'll just see how things shape out over the next couple months. Understandably, it's not ideal, but I have to compensate for the crazy acceleration of pace that my life has suddenly taken.

To be clear, though, I still look forward to interacting with all of you just like normal. I wouldn't want that to change. But change is part of life, and I'm having to learn to accept that. I've never dealt well with change, but God is teaching me that it's an important thing to accept. So, here's to change and growth and finding our purposes. May the next few months be fantastic.


How's your life? Anything life-changing going on? What have you been reading? Let me know in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. I remember reading Return to Me! Those books were so good.
    This is the first I've heard of Hillary Scott's 'Still'. I like it!

    Congratulations on the new job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting ready to read the second book of the series for the first time, so I'm super excited about that!

      Isn't it beautiful? I'm glad you enjoyed it.

      Thank you! And, as always, thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete

Hey, there! I love comments, and I'm always quick to respond. Got something to say?